Saturday, May 29, 2010

An Eye Single to His Glory


I just finished a couple of wonderful books that have made me think a lot about life, priorities, and relationships. We must rejoice in TODAY (the day the Lord has made as it talks about in Psalms 118:24)! :) Then use our time each day to make life beautiful and happy. We can learn, we can serve, we can make life what we want, we can be obedient, we can use our talents to build the kingdom of God, we can take time for people, we can create a home for the Spirit to dwell, we can choose to love (especially looking for ways to love others in the way they understand and appreciate according to their "love language"). We all want to feel love. We can help and bless others as we reach out in love to them. Most importantly, we should focus on having "an eye single to [God's] glory" as we learn in D&C 4, 55, 59, 82, and 88. As we trust in Him and His plan and commandments and direction we will be happy. He is always there! The key to everything is our relationship with our Heavenly Father and our Savior. As that relationship is strong we will be inspired and directed and strengthened to bless and lift others around us too. These thoughts reminded me of a song I love: A Window To His Love.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Awesome! And great review on goodreads. :)

Stephanie Yamashita said...

Hi Heather. I was just surfing the world of blogs and I looked at my list of blogs and saw you had recently posted something. Thank you for your comments, pictures and spiritual messages. It is so refreshing to read a blog that has depth and meaning to the posts. Because of the time, I just quickly scanned some of your writing, but I will be back. You have such a wonderful spirit and you are so focused on all the things that really matter. Good Luck in China! I can't wait to read of your experiences and see some pictures!!