Life is good, but I want to be sure I am really being the person I need to be and doing the things I need to do. Lately I've been doing some "searching." :) I guess that's kind of a part of life everyday no matter what we're doing. We need to be happy, but not complacent.
I liked this article in the New York Times: Go Easy on Yourself, a New Wave of Research Urges. We need to use our talents and just be who we are. As we share who we are we are able to help and bless others with what they need.
I was on an airplane a couple of times this week and learned a few neat things. (I like traveling. I learn a lot traveling. I think the book I write someday will have something to do with the lessons I've learned traveling.) :) The first flight was really packed. I was sitting next to a big tough but nice looking guy probably in his mid-20s or so. As we were getting pretty close to landing there was some turbulence and the seat-belt sign came on. This guy took out his headphones and asked me if we were landing because he said he was scared. I hadn't really even noticed the turbulence (I guess he's never been on a plane in China!), but I thought it was nice how open he was. Why aren't we more open about things we are struggling with or need help with. We could all probably help each other a lot if were just honest and open with each other. :)
And here is something that just makes me smile! :) In all the searching and seriousness I am reminded that we choose to be happy! :)
1 comment:
Oh I love that story about the guy you sat next to on the plane, and I loved your perspective on it! People are willing to help us left and right, we just need to be open and honest and rely on the Lord, and most of the time he helps us through other people! Love you Heather!
Also that video makes me happy too!! I helped with the water balloon fight this past summer, and I love that song!
Post a Comment