I LOVE Hawaii! I LOVE my family! It was the perfect two weeks! :) I feel so blessed and it was VERY hard to leave.

Here are some of the highlights and things that I love and miss:
* Kayaking, going to the temple and talking with MOM and listening to her great Stake Conference talk.
* Running the beach, hiking Kokohead stairs and exploring the Waimanalo fishponds with DAD....and watching him distribute cookie dough via airplane. :)
* Hanging out with CARI at all our favorite childhood spots, watching her take thousands of pictures and just being together!
* Discussing politics with MIKE and watching him explain to Kai that the ipod needs to be recharged and how the DVD player is now unfixable. :)
* Making forts for 10 sleepovers and "good mornings" with KAYLA, "running" the beach with her and watching her make friends everywhere she went.
* Building sandcastles, looking for the fish and monkeys, cuddling "at" KAI and watching his first reaction to sand, the ocean and eating shave ice.
* Smiling and making fish faces with MASON and watching him enjoy the tradewinds from the window.
* Debating important issues with MATT and watching him be a dad....it's pretty cute!
* Hanging out and talking with MEGAN in a lot of wonderful places and watching her be a mom. So sweet! :)
* Meeting and holding the adorable and sweet NOAH.
* Running around the lake with JOSH and talking to him about so many fun and important things as we drove all over the island together.
Some of my favorite memories all together are:
* playing at Kalama Beach
* hiking to the bunker and Maunawili Falls
* swimming at Hanauma Bay
* sitting together at church in Kailua
* enjoying Lanikai Beach
* watching the kids play at the "paygounds"
* learning about Samoa and Josh's last two years
* exploring the Polynesian Cultural Center
* eating at Orange Grove
* hanging out on a siblings and spouses night out
* just being all together!!! :)
I learned a lot:
* Family is what makes a house or town a home. :)
* I am so grateful that I got to grow up in Kailua.
* Understanding and remembering where you're from (places, people, experiences) helps you understand better who you are and where you're going.
* Love and the aloha spirit is what it's all about! :)
* I'm grateful for consistency. (More on this a little later.) :)
2 comments:
So fun! I'm so lucky to have lived two houses down from you guys. You have such a great family.
Ahh let's go back! Love and miss you, Heather!
Post a Comment