On January 23, Doug Conant, the retired CEO of Campbells' Soup came to speak to us at work. I learned a lot from the discussion and ideas he shared. Leadership happens in the small moments! We need to walk through the world thoughtfully and purposefully being tough on standards, but tender on people. Manage your moments! :) Our leadership should be authentic, on-demand and enduring. Write thank you notes! Wander around. Network and find a mentor--Steven Covey was one of his great mentors (see Covey's priority quadrant below). Good leaders are competent, persistent, build trust, have courage for doing what's right, work hard and purposefully, and are humble and always learning.
I really appreciated these insights and I think they inspired me to focus more on my priorities, purpose, principles, potential and passion....especially as it related to work. Within the week an opportunity to live with purpose came along and I was kind of surprised by how I moved forward, but glad I did. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment