Friday, May 9, 2014

Portland and Seattle

It was a WONDERFUL extended weekend in the Pacific Northwest!!  After a beautiful wedding and time to celebrate in Portland with Josh and Kirsten, it was so fun to take a few more days to enjoy family a little bit longer and the green and rainy sights of Seattle!  I love Washington....especially when I get to hang out with these folks!!  :)















I am definitely not the best at taking out the camera to document the most important events and people.  I wish I had more group pictures that captured the memories, but some of the weekend highlights included:
* getting to travel with Miss Hailey (and her parents) - she's a sweet and darling travel buddy!
* a midnight trip to Walmart in Vancouver, WA
* sunshine all day in Portland
* the Portland Temple and a beautiful sealing!
* spending time with sweet extended family that came for the festivities
* the famous Portland rose gardens (where some of the other flowers were in full bloom)
* a nice luncheon and beautiful reception in the "countryside" outskirts of Beaverton
* Cari's birthday!!
* a late night drive through the rain and fog to Washington
* Matt and Megan's cute house and neighborhood
* watching cute and tiny cousins together
* being together!!
* Snoqualmie Falls
* Pike Place Market
* postcard view from Kerry Park, overcast and all
* watching Noah puddle jumping (you'd think the kid grew up in the PNW or something)....so cute!
* a walk and a run around the neighborhood full of beautiful spring flowers
* a stop along the Puget Sound on the way to the airport

1 comment:

Megan Morgan said...

I'm so glad you blog about these things so that when I don't, I can just go back to your blog and remember everything. Thank you!!