Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Prayer Journal

I have been inspired lately by the importance and power of prayer.  This is something I need to work on.  I need to be better and particularly more focused in my prayers.

A couple of months ago a sister mentioned in a comment at church that she used to keep a prayer journal.  I thought this was a really neat idea.  I've kept a gratitude journal at different points in my life and tried to be mindful of the Lord's care and blessings, but I really loved this idea of a prayer journal and how it could help me be more focused in my prayers and in learning better how to hear the Lord respond.  :)  ...and then having a record of His love and answers and care and His tender mercies in my life.

It's almost like our own personal prayer roll - remembering and staying focused on that which we most desire, showing the Lord our faith and then recognizing His answers.  I want to try!  :)

These two beautiful songs have also encouraged me to listen for His voice:



No comments: