Monday, October 5, 2015

At Conference Time

"At conference time, at conference time, the Brethren [teach us] what to do, so [we] can live in happiness at conference time and all year through."

I love General Conference!  I'm grateful for the guidance and direction, the answers, the peace, the hope, the happiness, the clarity!  Some of the themes I saw - choose faith, keep the commandments, follow the prophets, seek and follow the Holy Ghost, this is the Lord's Church, apply the Atonement!

Many of my personal thoughts about conference (aside from the personal direction I received for me) had to do with thinking about humility, pride, gratitude, and being accepted of the Lord.

A few of my favorite specific quotes / ideas / thoughts include:

President Uchtdorf: Simplify; Start where you are; God will take us as we are - we just need a willing heart, desire to believe, trust in the Lord; He sees us for what we can become!; Take responsibility for your relationship with the Lord

Elder Ballard: The Lord's grace is sufficient; what will you become through the Atonement of Jesus Christ?

Elder Maynes: Center our lives perfectly in Christ; let Him mold us

Sister Marriott: Become yielded and still; wait on Him; He takes us as we are and makes us more!

Elder Lawrence: What lack I yet? The Holy Ghost gives customized counsel; What is keeping me from progressing?; Allow the Holy Ghost to lead us home

Elder Foster: I know what comes next, I'll help you through it

Elder Montoya: Smile

Elder Oaks: The Atonement provides strength to overcome

Elder Andersen: Faith is not by chance, but by choice

President Eyring: The Lord is with us in His work; when we do our part He adds His power and magnifies and multiplies; claim the promised gift of the Holy Ghost

President Monson: Let your light so shine!; Be an example of the believers

Elder Renlund: A calling is not about you...it's about the Lord and His work; we must see others through Father's eyes and be filled with the pure love of Christ

President Nelson: I loved his sweet tribute to Elders Packer, Perry, Scott and Sisters Perry and Packer; I loved how he so powerfully and directly said that TODAY was the day President Kimball's prophecy was being fulfilled - women need to stand up and make a difference for good; I loved the story of Sister Nelson asking him if he was done crying and telling him to go to work; "whatever your circumstances, we need you to speak up"; I loved everything about his talk and I need to do something about it!! :)

Elder Schwitzer: The world needs disciples of Christ who can communicate the gospel clearly to the world; desire to inspire, not impress

Elder Christofferson: We're all on the same journey; we need the Church; we need to help each other (as family) come to know the Lord and build the kingdom of God on the earth

Sister Stephens: If ye love me keep my commandments; His laws are love; His commandments are a manifestation of His love; obedience to His laws helps us show our love to Him

Elder Bednar: Again, such a sweet tribute and clear declaration of the Lord's pattern in calling prophets!

I'm grateful for a living prophet and apostles and for their guidance.  I know they speak for our Heavenly Father and we will be blessed as we follow....even magnified and multiplied and strengthened.  ;)

No comments: