Sunday, March 19, 2017

This Weekend

This weekend was full of goodness!

It began with a nice walk in the spring afternoon, followed by Rob Gardner's "The Lamb of God" performed in Sandy.  Wonderful!  I love this music and message and the peace and focus it brings!

Then a trip up the mountain brought more peace and joy and sunshine to my soul!  (A little more sunshine that I had planned on -- my face was showing it for the rest of the evening.)  ;)  I'm so grateful for the beautiful world all around me and nearby.  I love the mountains.  I'm grateful for the ability to walk and go and see these places and find the peace and beauty that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us.



Then stake conference on Saturday evening was really wonderful. The prophet Joseph Smith taught, "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."  The whole message on Saturday night was of Jesus Christ and His Atonement.  Speakers talked about the Last Supper, Gethsemane, the Trial and Crucifixion, and the Resurrection and we watched some of these wonderful videos....







I was so grateful for the reminder and focus on Him.  That's what it's all about!  He makes us whole.  I'm grateful for the life and love of our Savior, and our Heavenly Father and His plan.  I want to know Them both better.  I know that's one of the greatest purposes of our life.

After the Saturday evening meeting we had an ice cream social at our bishop's home.  It was very nice to have a chance to spend time with good people.

The Sunday meeting was good as well and then I had time for a Sunday nap!  :)  I attended an evening fireside.  For me, the most important part of that was a little bit of time to sit and think and write out a few thoughts and prayers and ponderings...much related to this message from today's Music and the Spoken Word - Designing a life.  

No comments: