Monday, May 18, 2009

Akwaaba!

You are welcome.....to Ghana!

Here are a few pictures of my adventures in Ghana. We spent time in Accra, Tema, Cape Coast, Takoradi, and Ho. It was a wonderful experience! I learned so much:
- be happy (smile and wave)
- love others (we are ALL brothers and sisters)
- live simply and work hard
- have faith, be faithful
- be positive, always look for the good
- don't worry or stress or complain
- be grateful! (for family, work, education, beautiful world, EVERYTHING)
- people are important; things aren't!
- be open with others, be yourself, reach out to others!
- be kind and respectful
- consider the lilies of the field (3 Ne. 13:19-34)
- "I Believe in Christ"....He came to earth to live among the people to know how to help them perfectly. He lived, served, loved, and never complained.
- the Atonement is the great equalizer (2 Ne. 26)
- singing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" to orphans near Ho was a powerful experience in feeling Heavenly Father's love for His children
- the gospel blesses the world in spiritual and temporal ways
- gratitude for the priesthood, prophets, temples, covenants, and restoration
- importance of remembering
- be united!
- importance of recognizing and sharing God's love <3 div="div">

Here are a few videos of the group enjoying the culture and making some music! :)

3 comments:

Hilarie said...

Glad you made it back ok! Looks like a lot of fun!

amanda said...

Oh my goodness you had such a wonderful experience! I love reading about what you learned. You have the best attitude about life and the Gospel and everything else! Whenever I feel like complaining I should read your blog. Good luck with your internship coming up! You will do great.

dockters said...

Heather, what an experience!! WOW! Everything looks so neat. It sounds like you learned things and met people that will stick with you forever!