It has also been fun to explore a new route to work. I walk up a beautiful neighborhood road, catch the bus to the Pentagon (it's so fun to see all the people coming and going and there's a beautiful view of the District from there), and then transfer to the Metro that goes over the Potomac to Chinatown and finally walk a few blocks from there. It's a little longer than my original commute, but fun to learn a new area...and to get to stop at the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Alexandria
This last week of my internship I have been living out in Alexandria, VA. It is a beautiful area and it has been fun to explore the streets of Old Town and the cute neighborhoods. In the few days I've been here I feel like I have a good feel for the area walking and running around a little bit. (PS-I have learned again this summer that I actually really LOVE being a pedestrian!) :)


























It has also been fun to explore a new route to work. I walk up a beautiful neighborhood road, catch the bus to the Pentagon (it's so fun to see all the people coming and going and there's a beautiful view of the District from there), and then transfer to the Metro that goes over the Potomac to Chinatown and finally walk a few blocks from there. It's a little longer than my original commute, but fun to learn a new area...and to get to stop at the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial.
It has also been fun to explore a new route to work. I walk up a beautiful neighborhood road, catch the bus to the Pentagon (it's so fun to see all the people coming and going and there's a beautiful view of the District from there), and then transfer to the Metro that goes over the Potomac to Chinatown and finally walk a few blocks from there. It's a little longer than my original commute, but fun to learn a new area...and to get to stop at the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial.
Labels:
DC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
fun!..we are excited to see you..this week!! :)
Post a Comment