I love lists and goals, but I've realized sometimes they might get in the way of what's really important. :) So, this year I'm not going to make a list of as many specific goals. I want to focus on the "one thing" that is "needful" (see Luke 10:38-42). I really want to focus this year on coming to know the Savior better. He will be the first priority in my life!!! I will spend the time (my best time) to do this....scripture study, prayer, pondering, slowing down sometimes, and listening and following the Spirit. I know that as I do this (which is most important and essential) all the other good things that need to happen will happen as they should, but these good things will not get in the way of that which is most important. :)
Some of the things I hope to accomplish as a result of this are:
- living with a pure heart, a broken heart and contrite spirit
- never suppressing a generous thought
- loving and serving those around me and ministering as I go....following the Spirit and knowing where He needs me each day (being open and willing to stop and help)
- praying and looking for ways to be an answer to others' prayers
- seeing others as Heavenly Father does
- sharing my testimony daily
- increasing my faith, testimony, and trust in the Lord
- understanding better my dependence on the Lord
- striving to have a "heavenly home"
I believe these things will be the key to helping me accomplish the lists of other goals I would usually make like finding the right job, etc. :) I love this quote by President Hinckley: "Believe in yourselves. Believe in your capacity to do some good in the world. God sent us here for a purpose, and that was to improve the world in which we live. The wonderful thing is that we can do it." I am going to try and do that with the Lord's help! :)
(The inspiration for some of these thoughts/goals come from Mary, Martha, and Me: Seeking the One Thing that is Needful by Camille Fronk Olson, Sister Bonnie Parkin's Feb. 2007 BYU Devotional Personal Ministry: Sacred and Precious, and Elder Douglas Callister's Sep. 2006 BYU Devotional Your Refined Heavenly Home.)
2 comments:
you always inspire me heather!
<3 love you <3
You are so good Heather. You make me want to be better!
Post a Comment