Monday, February 1, 2010

It's ALL about our hearts!!! ♥

I LOVE February!!! :) Always have. :) Of course, I did grow up in Hawaii where it's not cold in February. :) Since it's the season of LOVE....I thought I'd share my thoughts on hearts. :) After all, it's really what LIFE is all about! My dad always taught me growing up that that was the theme of the Book of Mormon.....where's your heart? That's what the Lord cares about! All He wants is our heart....like He says in D&C 59:15, 64:22, 34! :) There are many neat scriptures about our hearts!

We can have a soft heart or a hard heart, a forgiving heart or an angry heart, an open heart or a closed heart, a giving heart or a selfish heart, a humble heart or a proud heart. Hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and conditions--remember the Grinch? :) Our heart symbolizes our purpose, intent, greatest desires, and our conversion.

One of my favorite books is A Heart Like His by Virginia Pearce. It reminds me how important it is to be open to and love everyone, not holding back or selfishly closing our hearts. My heart is touched by those that love and serve as President Monson teaches in this sweet video. It has been neat to watch and hear about the outpouring of love and seeing the world come together to love and help the people in Haiti. I want to do more to cheer up others' hearts each day! :)

I want my heart to be: open, forgiving, loving, caring, selfless, soft, humble, teachable, willing, giving, kind, contrite, broken (in the scriptural and spiritual sense and hopefully not otherwise), one with God and others, determined, pondering, rejoicing, pure, understanding, believing, changed, converted, prayerful, united, happy, prepared, full, grateful, thankful, glad, obedient, cheerful, joyful, sanctified, and yielded to God.

I will strive to love the Lord with ALL my heart! <3

2 comments:

Cari said...

<3 love ya :)

dockters said...

What a great reminder for the 'heart focused month'!