Sunday, April 4, 2010

What I Learned from Conference

It was an inspiring and wonderful Easter weekend! I loved getting to spend time with my mom cleaning out closets and packing boxes!! :) I also loved hanging out with the rest of the family! :)

I love the Savior and am so grateful for His victory over death and sin! I am so grateful for living prophets and their words of warning, counsel, love, and encouragement. I loved the two constant themes of General Conference:
  • fortify our families, powerfully teach the principles of the gospel in our homes
  • we can and must have hope and faith in Jesus Christ

I'm always sad when Conference is over. I love the feeling of unity and peace and joy I feel as followers of Christ gather together to be uplifted in faith together. In an effort to try and keep these feelings with me, here are some of my goals to implement the teachings that touched me:

  • I will pray for the prophet and apostles.
  • I will pray for the doors of nations to be opened to the preaching of the gospel.
  • I will pray for opportunities to reach out and rescue and help others.
  • I will find a powerful priesthood holder to lead my family and help to activate the power of the priesthood in the earth.
  • I will ask for, prepare for, trust, and go forth and act on revelation and promptings of the Spirit as given to me as an handmaid of the Lord.
  • I will be strong, of good courage and remember that the Lord is with me withersoever I go.
  • I will love my mother and family and share that love. :)
  • I will prepare now to teach the gospel in my home.
  • I will study and love the scriptures everyday.
  • I will look around for ways to serve and lift, by extending a loving hand.
  • I will strictly obey the commandments. "When the Lord commands, do it!"
  • I will read and talk about the Book of Mormon, bear testimony of gospel truths spontaneously, and invite children to act on gospel learning.
  • I will have self-control and think of Christ.
  • I will give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
  • I will remember that every person I meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father.
  • I will love God and my fellow men.
  • I will let Christ be the focus of my home.
  • I will turn to the Lord and hold on my way.
  • I will seek the face of the Savior.
  • I will always seek the higher ground and protection of the temple.
  • I will never lose faith in Christ. He has won the victory!!
  • I will unite my testimony with others.
  • I will see everyone as a child of God.
  • I will study, learn, and tell the stories of Jesus.
  • I will trust in the Lord and look to Him as a lighthouse whose signals never fail.
  • I will love and pray for all.
  • I will pray for the Lord to always be with me. Abide with Me, Tis Eventide. :)

No comments: