I had an epiphany of sorts this week....and I think most of my thoughts can be summed up in this neat picture and idea from a Mormon Ad from the past:

I was sitting in an institute class this week when I started to understand more clearly this direction and reminder I needed in life right now. We were talking about Elder Holland's talk from this last General Conference, An Ensign to the Nations. It was a great lesson. We talked about ways that we are an ensign and standard and example of the gospel to the world. It was inspiring and important and specific to me. I feel like this is an important part of my calling in life and it gave me a renewed resolve to work to really find out what I need to be doing specifically now to help me become what I need to be later.
The thing that was really interesting to me was that after walking in the door I decided I was only going to stay for 10 minutes or so and then I needed to leave because I felt like I didn't belong or didn't want to belong. I ended up staying the whole time. I still didn't really feel like I fit into the group of people gathered there for the lesson, but by the end of the lesson I realized that didn't matter one bit. We talk a lot about unity and being of one heart and mind, but that does not mean that we are the same. We are all very different and have unique talents and interests and needs and goals, etc.... This is so cool! We can help and serve so much more when we have different talents and interests and roles and experiences. We need to be "true to our heart"! :) (I know that this song has a little different meaning, but it's fun.) :)
So, while this lesson helped me remember and decide to focus on finding my individual mission it also helped me really understand that I don't need to be working to fit in anywhere. I'm different than anyone else. We all are. I need to be me. :) I actually don't think I've really been myself very much the last several months and I'm grateful for this freeing feeling that I don't need to impress anyone or be anyone for someone else. I don't need to compare myself to anyone else in any way. I just need to be the best me that I can. :) I'm going to stop trying to fit in or spending so much time figuring out where I fit and just be happy and be myself.
I am grateful for God's individual love for us. I'm grateful that He's not comparing us to anyone else! :) I'm grateful for the chance to learn from many different people and experiences and let them be themselves, too. :)
1 comment:
LOVE THIS! What an epiphany :) for all of us to be our own kind of beautiful. You are awesomely beautiful <3
Post a Comment