1. I LOVE the temple and little bits of inspiration as they come there: Philippians 4:6, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
The footnotes for this verse explain "don't be unduly concerned about anything" and refer to Psalms 55:22, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" and Proverbs 16:3, "Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established."
So cool! I know that we can find strength and solace in the Lord and we don't need to be "unduly concerned." :) I also took this to mean "be still" and "stay where you are" which could sound ridiculous given some of the current circumstances and just right considering others. I know He knows what's best and will lead.
2. I LOVE the song The Children by Sharlene Wells Hawkes. It's hard to find anywhere, but it's on her Song of the Morning Stars CD. It's been one of my favorite songs for many years. It's a sweet song to the children that Jesus has blessed with the singer describing the scene of Jesus with the children. So sweet! I know that Jesus loves each of us (as we talked about in institute tonight--he can't forget us and the covenant he has made with us). He is there ready to wrap us in His arms at any moment. :)
I felt that last night and learned something really important as one of the lines of the song really stuck out to me--"Love fills the air wherever He goes." It made me think about how wonderful it would be to be near Him and feel that and to know that that's who He always is, but then I thought what a wonderful thing that would be to have that said of you. :) To live in a way that love fills the air anywhere you go! Pretty cool! That's my new goal. :) Not stress, not shyness, not frustration, not sadness, not even just happiness, but LOVE filling the air wherever you go. I think that's a beautiful thing to aspire to and work towards each day. :)
P.S. One other great song is The Bare Necessities. :) Yep, from the Jungle Book. Listen to that after a stressful day at work and try not to smile. :)
2 comments:
Thanks for the inspiration! It truly is the most important thing: to feel of His love and to be a conduit of that love! Thanks for the beautiful way that you shared that message with us! Love you!
I think I am ready for you to write your book <3 :)
Post a Comment