Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas this Year

I am very grateful for the Christmas miracles and blessings. It was a different kind of Christmas this year, but I enjoyed the magic and reason for the season. :)

Here are some of the highlights:
  • Festival of Lights at the Washington DC Temple (and concerts and nativities)
  • Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral
  • Capitol Christmas Tree
  • U.S. Botanical Gardens
  • Christmas Carol at Ford's Theater
  • Christmas Tree at the Library of Congress
  • Arlington Cemetery wreaths
  • National Christmas Tree (and state trees)
  • Alexandria Christmas Tree and Boat Parade







Some other important highlights, not-pictured:
  • "hangouts" with family and the reindeer :)
  • Target salespeople bringing bikes out on Christmas Eve
  • several really wonderful church musical Christmas programs
  • watching people drop off presents and food to the homeless downtown
  • busy airports
  • Christmas parties
  • ebelskivers
  • secret Santa projects
  • First Presidency Christmas Devotional and the beautiful new Bible Videos
  • "Wise Men Still Seek Him" Mormon Message
Merry Christmas, Everyone! May we keep Christmas with us this year and remember to "seek this Jesus whom the prophets and apostles have written (Ether 12:41)."

3 comments:

Cari said...

pretty pictures!! merry christmas! love you and miss you! :)

Kathryn said...

Heather, I'm so happy to see all your DC Christmas pictures. So beautiful. I love and miss you so much! I'm glad we can 'hang-out' on google with our reindeer nose/antlers and mustaches. Enjoy a peaceful rest of the week ;)
<3 <3 <3

Kara said...

I LOVE Christmas in D.C. I love your pictures equally, though. They are so beautiful! We went to the Botanical Gardens last week for the first time since we've lived here- AMAZING!
Sounds like you had a merry Christmas!