I am so grateful for my mother! She's pretty special. :) ....and a wonderful example of Christlike love and service. I'm grateful for her faith, testimony, love, friendship, kindness, and example of selflessness. I get to see her in less than two weeks! I talk to her nearly every day, but I'm excited she'll soon be just a day's car ride away. :)
I'm grateful for families and unique opportunities this weekend to think about the important and fundamental place they have in society. I got to attend a sweet wedding on Saturday morning. I'm grateful for the reminder that families truly are the most important institution and kingdom and organization in society! :) I'm grateful for temple blessings and ordinances. I'm grateful for examples of righteous women in the scriptures. I've thought particularly about Eve and Esther this week and the role they played during their different times on the earth to teach and stand for truth and righteousness.
There are many good quotes and reminders about the importance and influence of righteous women and mothers. Here's one--Brigham Young said, "The mothers are the moving instruments in the hands of Providence to guide the destinies of nations." :) I know that's true.
I'm grateful for a good mother and the examples of righteous women (sisters, aunts, cousins, friends, etc.) who are shaping the destiny of nations as they teach, inspire, encourage and nurture. In a time when the importance of family and the role of women and mothers are being questioned and confused I'm grateful to know of the importance of family and the vital role of mothers and righteous, virtuous women. :)
- The Family : A Proclamation to the World, 1995
- Are we Not All Mothers? - Sister Sheri Dew, 2001
- Love Her Mother - Sister Elaine Dalton, 2011
- Eternal Marriage - Elder F. Burton Howard, 2003
- Because She is a Mother - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, 1997
- The Women of God - Elder Neal A. Maxwell, 1978
3 comments:
Ha ha ha...I think I heard that phrase last night as many times as I've heard it in my entire life!
thank you for the great example you are to me! as well as kayla, kai, and mason :)
Thank you Heather :) LOVE YOU! <3 You are strength, beauty, righteousness, grace, and purity in action. What an example to all of us!
Post a Comment