I've learned more about confidence and courage lately. I've worried about having confidence, but after reading a neat book, Falling to Heaven, and beginning another great one, Act in Doctrine, I see more clearly that worrying about having confidence is a distraction in many ways.
True confidence comes in having humility and understanding that we must have confidence in the Lord. As we trust Him and realize that we can't do anything alone we realize our ultimate need to focus on being close to Him and following His Spirit. As we truly trust in Him we won't worry about ourselves. I think that's a key to confidence and humility and happiness - forgetting ourselves!! As we humbly take our weaknesses to Him, He will give us strength to act according to His will. He has a plan for us. He loves us and we can have confidence in Him.
We don't find confidence by only focusing on improving ourselves, but in reaching out in humility and love to others, and faithfully trusting in the Lord as we move forward doing our best. As we strive to come to know Him, who He is, what His attributes and character are (as seen in 3 Nephi 12, for example) and then follow Him the best we can we will understand better who we are and find a greater happiness and purpose. I think that's what real confidence is - knowing who we are, what we need to do and then moving forward without hesitation or fear. It's not about us. It's about Him! We can have confidence in our Savior, Jesus Christ. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment