Friday, August 23, 2013

Kindness

I have been inspired by examples of kindness and service lately - by people that I don't know and people that they helped that they didn't know.  In the midst of a potential tragedy Antoinette Tuff met a gunman at school who was ready to shoot anyone in his path.  She courageously met him with love and kindness that disarmed him and saved her and him and many others.  I think her example is remarkable.  Do we have courage to love our enemies?


I was also touched by a picture of a Spanish emergency worker helping an LDS missionary after a horrible train accident in northern Spain last month.  There were many that were hurt and needed assistance from all over the world.  A community came together to serve and assist those that desperately needed help.  It's moments like this that try us, but also bring communities and individuals together in love - truly as brothers and sisters.  I wonder if this man would have opened the door to listen to the missionary's message?  He certainly opened his heart to bless and help anyone in need at a moment's notice.  That's what it's about!  :)

No comments: