Sunday, November 10, 2013

I am ready now!

Today I was inspired by the response of Ephraim Hanks to Brigham Young, who asked for people to go bring the struggling saints in from the plains.  Ephraim Hanks simply responded, "I am ready now!"

I think that is also the call to us today - be ready NOW to give, to serve, to sacrifice, to teach, to share, to stand up, to go, to lead, to help, to endure, to be diligent, to live our covenants, to have faith, to make a difference, to be kind, to love, to live, to die.

I think this relates to the veterans who we celebrate this weekend.  They were ready to serve, to give, to sacrifice and went when they were called.

I think also of those suffering in the Philippines today after a huge storm.  There are many in need and I know there are many ready to help.  I hope we can all remember and help them where we can and/or think of those around us and be ready to help now!

I'm grateful....and inspired by these examples and want to "be ready always (see 1 Peter 3:15)."  :)

No comments: