Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hache

I've always seen myself as an "Asian" language learner.  I love Asia!  I enjoyed learning Japanese in high school.  I LOVE and still speak some Korean!  I have learned a little bit of Chinese.  But, tonight I'm pretty excited about the Spanish class I just started and I'm pretty sure it will not only be a great help to know some of the basics personally and professionally, but it might be more a part of me than I thought.....for example....

The Spanish alphabet (at least as explained in about an hour) is very similar to English.  They have three extra letters - ch, ll, ñ.  A few of the letters make a slightly different sound than we're used to in English.  Most notable in my mind is h - hache.  It's ALWAYS silent!  For example hola!  Since 'h' is a significant part of me, I now feel more okay about my life as an introvert.  :)

That's all.  Adiós.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

'ooray 'eather for your new Spanish class! ;)

Megan Morgan said...

Heather, you seriously need to send some of your blog entries into a magazine, or enter some short-essay competitions!