Sunday, November 9, 2014

Proclaim the Everlasting Gospel

Today I feel like I need to do better at sharing who I really am and boldly declaring the truths I hold most dear.  I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Some people call us Mormons because in addition to the Bible we believe in the Book of Mormon:  Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  I love the Book of Mormon because it teaches me about Jesus Christ, His doctrine and commandments that will help us return to live with our Heavenly Father.  They have a plan for us.  They love us!

We believe in the same church that Jesus established on the earth when he was here.  It has been restored to the earth by Him in its fulness today!  We have living prophets on the earth today who have been given priesthood keys and authority and receive revelation from Jesus Christ, who is the head of the Church.  Through faith and repentance and the ordinances of His gospel we are blessed and draw closer to God.  This is why we are here on the earth - to learn, to progress, to become like Him.  He loves us!  He loves you!  He has a plan for you!

I invite you to watch this short video.  It is a recent talk given by Elder David A. Bednar, a member of the Quorum of Twelve Apostles.  You can listen to or read his full talk here - Come and See



Here's a little bit more about what I believe (it's somewhat out of date, but all the important parts haven't changed).  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church.  I know that He lives and loves us and wants us to be happy.  Through Him and because of His Atonement and His gospel we can be, eternally, if we will choose to learn and follow and change and love!

No comments: