For someone who grew up in Hawaii and didn't mind not having distinct seasons I sure have come to appreciate them in recent years. This year I have been particularly inspired by the changing seasons, fall leaves, and the mountains that have come alive! The beauty of fall has caused me to reflect in gratitude and awe at our Heavenly Father’s creations, His blessings and His love and goodness. I’m grateful for the seasons and opportunities in life. I’m grateful for change. I’m grateful for the time we have each day to live and learn and grow.
D&C 51:16: “And I
consecrate unto them this land for a little season, until I, the Lord, shall
provide for them otherwise, and command them to go hence;”
“The pleasant future belongs to
those who properly use today. We need to find the abundant life as we go along.
How can we be happy tomorrow if our “nows” are filled with self-inflicted
unhappinesses and unwise delays? Generally speaking, those inclined to count their
daily blessings have more to count because they help make more possible as they
learn gratitude. A constant waiting for a brighter future may cause us to lose
the beautiful today. Some spend so much time getting ready to live for an
unknown future, too late they discover there is no time to live. Very often in
our anxiousness for the joys of the future we run away from the very things we
are wanting and needing today. An appropriate examination of the passing moment
will prove it leads to eternity. We need to constantly remind ourselves
eternity is in process now.”
“The God who gives us each day as a treasure will
require an accounting….
…..A morning prayer and an early search in
the scriptures to know what we should do for the Lord can set the course of a
day. We can know which task, of all those we might choose, matters most to God
and therefore to us. I have learned such a prayer is always answered if we ask
and ponder with childlike submission, ready to act without delay to perform
even the most humble service…..
…..It is hard to know when we have done
enough for the Atonement to change our natures and so qualify us for eternal
life. And we don’t know how many days we will have to give the service
necessary for that mighty change to come. But we know that we will have days
enough if only we don’t waste them.”
No comments:
Post a Comment