It was a special day. It was a special week. I've had the opportunity the past couple of months and weeks to be a part of a choir performing "Lamb of God" by Rob Gardner - a beautiful presentation with orchestra, soloists, and narrators telling the story of Christ's life, particularly the last week of his life and then His glorious resurrection. The main message - "Here is Hope...Hope did not die here, but here was given." :) I've felt that multiple times while practicing and hearing this music. I've been touched, uplifted, inspired and had the chance to watch others be touched as well. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives! "This is He! Our Hope, Our Deliverer, Our All! Our comfort by day and our song in the night. The Resurrection and the Life. He who shall reign. In whom we will ever rejoice."
Tonight, at our last performance, I was feeling tired, inspired, but mostly.... searching.... wanting to know the Lord's will and wanting to be healed. :) With these thoughts in my mind and while reverently sitting on the stage for the few minutes before the concert was to begin I saw people walking in to take their seats. I noticed towards the back of the audience someone carrying an individual from a wheelchair, someone with obvious physical limitations, someone that I picture being brought to the Savior when He was here on the earth to be healed. I was touched by the desire of these people to be in this place to feel of His love and His healing. I realized again that in some way or another we are all seeking His help and healing. Our faith and belief brought us together tonight to feel and find that for a few minutes.
A few minutes later Martha was singing. Jesus had come when he heard of Lazarus' death. Martha testified of His power to heal, but didn't seem to have any idea that healing and life could come so immediately....
"Lord, if Thou hadst been here, If Thou wouldst have heard us, My brother then would not have died. No. If Thou hadst been here. Thou couldst have saved him. I know that thou couldst have healed him. But, even now, I know that if thou wilt ask of God, What Thou wouldst, God will give thee. What thou asketh, He'll give thee. I know that he shall rise again Lord. I know he shall rise again in the resurrection At the last day." When Jesus testifies to her that He is the resurrection and the life she says, "Yea, Lord; I believe that Thou art the Christ, which should come, The Son of God, But I do not understand..."
This interchange was particularly poignant to me. I think I have not understood. I know that Jesus makes it possible for us to live again....eventually, as Martha said, "at the last day." He can heal us, but He is saying that He is here now, He WILL heal us now, today. :)
Martha continues, "Touch my eyes and bid them see That my gaze might pierce the veil, And behold the wondrous scene That, in dreams, I've long beheld, Oh, touch my heart and bid it know That ev'ry sorrow is but a moment's tear, And Thou wilt make me whole again. Touch my ears and bid them hear All the glory of Thy truth, That my hope might come of faith And no more require proof. oh touch my heart and bid it know That, while in darkness here, The Light is ever near, And Thou wilt make me whole again. Then touch my lips and bid them sing Songs of everlasting praise, That my soul might then believe And give thanks through all my days! Oh, touch my heart and bid it know That ev'ry breath I take is by Thy tender grace, And Thou wilt make me whole, again."
She asked to see as He does, to have Him touch her heart and make her whole. I realize that He can make us, he can make me, whole TODAY. We don't need to wait. He is here to heal and bless and lift and strengthen and change us NOW, but we must believe, we must come to Him and let Him change us, let Him make us whole. I am grateful for His power, His life, His healing, His love!!
1 comment:
Beautiful truths ♡
Post a Comment