Monday, July 27, 2015

Useless Cares

Not long ago I made a list of some feelings I'd have occasionally:  stuck, stressed, overwhelmed, discouraged, frustrated, tired, immobilized, ....so much to do....but none of it matters?  I'm running in circles, nothing is good enough, unappreciated, goal-less, direction-less, scattered.  I know, really uplifting, huh?  ;)

I really liked these articles that gave me a little bit of focus and inspiration:
I realize what a blessing purpose, focus, direction, peace, and clarity are - all things that come from the Spirit.  Ultimately life is about about we are becoming and I think that in order to become what we need to we need to worry about the right things and not worry about everything else.  :)  Easier said than done, but I'm grateful for a recent and clear Pioneer Day reminder.

I'm grateful for Pioneer Day and a chance to remember and celebrate the lives and faith and sacrifices of the Mormon pioneers whose examples still inspire me today.  Their faith helps me remember the importance of my faith and moving forward with courage in righteousness.  There are many pioneers today who act with courage and virtue and goodness in the face of uncertainty and persecution.  I'm grateful for them and I want to be more courageous and faithful in my life!

I love the song "Come, Come Ye Saints."  There is much to learn from these words...helping any of us to happily carry on in the midst of any challenge we face.  This week a particular line stuck out to me in a very meaningful way.  As it says in the middle of the first verse:  "Though hard to you this journey may appear, Grace shall be as your day.  'Tis better far for us to strive Our useless cares from us to drive;"

I don't think the pioneers had a lot of time to worry or be stressed about anything that didn't really matter.  ;)  I think that's a big deal and something I obviously need to work on (ask my family, who I was very grateful to spend my Pioneer Day with).  ;)  I have a new goal to "strive" to get rid of my "useless cares" and to be a more valiant pioneer!

All is well!!  :)

No comments: