"Tarry not many days in this place....think not of thy property....
Seek not to be cumbered. Forsake all unrighteousness."
The main takeaway - seek not to be cumbered! I love that! Basically - don't worry or stress, especially about things that don't matter. That message was reinforced in my mind through music:
- If I Listen With My Heart
- I Am a Child of God
- The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare
- My Shepherd Will Supply My Need
- Consider the Lilies
He clothes the lilies of the field
He feeds the birds in the sky
And he will feed those who trust him
And guide them with his eye
Consider the sheep of his fold
How they follow where he leads
Though their paths may wind across the mountain
He knows the meadows where he leads
He feeds the birds in the sky
And he will feed those who trust him
And guide them with his eye
Consider the sheep of his fold
How they follow where he leads
Though their paths may wind across the mountain
He knows the meadows where he leads
He clothes the lilies of the field
He feeds the lambs in his fold
And he will feed those who trust him
And make their hearts as gold
For some reason, I have always heard the last lines a little bit differently and it especially touched me in the setting where I was listening: "And He will heal those who trust him and make their hearts as one."
Earlier this week at the Education Week Devotional at BYU, Elder Neil L. Andersen gave a neat talk entitled A Compensatory Spiritual Power for the Righteous. He counseled us to be prayerful, but not overly concerned. I love that and believe that it fits right in to this message and thought of the importance of trusting in the Lord and not being cumbered or overly concerned by other worries. As he teaches, the power and confidence comes from choosing goodness and righteousness. I recommend the whole talk!....and seeking to not be cumbered (it's a work in progress for me)!!
Another good reference is 3 Nephi 13:25-34. Something I need to study and consider further is the question and balance and need to trust the Lord to prepare our pasture while working responsibly and with all diligence to be self-reliant. Maybe more on that later....
And he will feed those who trust him
And make their hearts as gold
For some reason, I have always heard the last lines a little bit differently and it especially touched me in the setting where I was listening: "And He will heal those who trust him and make their hearts as one."
Earlier this week at the Education Week Devotional at BYU, Elder Neil L. Andersen gave a neat talk entitled A Compensatory Spiritual Power for the Righteous. He counseled us to be prayerful, but not overly concerned. I love that and believe that it fits right in to this message and thought of the importance of trusting in the Lord and not being cumbered or overly concerned by other worries. As he teaches, the power and confidence comes from choosing goodness and righteousness. I recommend the whole talk!....and seeking to not be cumbered (it's a work in progress for me)!!
Another good reference is 3 Nephi 13:25-34. Something I need to study and consider further is the question and balance and need to trust the Lord to prepare our pasture while working responsibly and with all diligence to be self-reliant. Maybe more on that later....
No comments:
Post a Comment