- I worked as an ordinance worker at the Salt Lake Temple. Highlight! Although I do appreciate a Saturday morning sleep-in or run or free weekend all the more now. ;)
- I attended two new temples - Payson and Seattle. Wonderful!
- I sang in three different choirs - ward choir, the Witness Music presentation of Rob Gardner's Lamb of God during Easter (really neat!!), and I was a part of the Salt Lake Temple Workers' Choir for the yearly devotional (incredible experience!)
- I bought a house! Kind of exciting, kind of terrifying, very educational.
- I ran a marathon (my version of the Ogden Marathon which was more accurately two half marathons with a little drive in between) and two official half marathons (Big Cottonwood and Snow Canyon).
- I read a lot of books! Some of my favorites: Press On by Joseph B. Wirthlin; Return unto Me by Kerry Muhlestein; The Conservative Heart by Arthur Brooks; Essentialism by Greg McKeown; Gifts from the Sea by Anne Lindbergh; Truths Most Worth Knowing by Boyd K. Packer; Wonder by R. J. Palacio; Ezra Taft Benson: A Biography by Sheri Dew; The Wright Brothers by David McCullough; Power to Become by David A. Bednar; Teaching Your Children Joy by Linda and Richard Eyre; Belonging to Heaven by Gale Sears
- I spent time with family! Always a highlight!!! We enjoyed a wonderful week together in Las Vegas at the pool and remembering to 'stay by the tree.' I spent several Sunday evenings and Thanksgiving with extended family. I visited St. George a few times and spent lots of quality time with my parents - they're pretty great! I got to be hostess for a few family gatherings (thanks for coming, Josh and Kirsten!) and visited my sister's house more (she and her family really know how to be host(esse)s). I loved being in Seattle for an extended Christmas weekend - highlight! Washington is beautiful and meeting a new nephew is the sweetest and getting on an airplane at least once a year is a must! Thanks, Matt and Megan! :)
- I deepened relationships. I learned a lot about who I am, what I'm looking for, having confidence, and getting to know and be inspired by good people in large and small ways. Relatedly, I learned again the importance of being happy, being grateful, being open, being vulnerable. I'm grateful for friends, friendships, relationships, and opportunities to give and grow. Much more to learn! ;)
- I enjoyed opportunities to share and teach the gospel. I watched three new members join the Church and saw part of their conversion as I had the chance to teach Gospel Principles for much of the year. HIGHLIGHT!! I love the simple gospel truths, the plan of salvation, and the chance to testify of Jesus Christ! What it's all about!!!
- I enjoyed lots of BEAUTIFUL wildflowers, fall leaves, and sunsets while consistently hiking and enjoying being outside and appreciating our Heavenly Father's creations! One of the ways I see and feel God's love!
- I have a renewed testimony of the importance of and gratitude for prayer, scripture study, studying the gospel of Jesus Christ, learning the words of the Prophet and Apostles and following in faith.
- I have a greater appreciation for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the hope and peace and joy and change it can bring!
Thursday, December 31, 2015
2015 in Review
Looking back on 2015 it's kind of remarkable all that has happened! In no particular order here are some of my adventures, highlights, and take-aways:
Labels:
Adventures,
direction,
dreams,
endurance,
Family,
Goals,
Gratitude,
happiness,
Jesus,
JOY,
Learning,
Lessons Learned,
purpose,
reflection,
Relationships,
temple
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment