I love the Book of Mormon! I know it's the word of God - an important record of ancient prophets written for our day that brings us to Christ! As I finished reading it again today in a special place I was reminded of this verse. I love Mormon and Moroni and their examples of faithful service, commitment, and goodness during a time of great wickedness....even when they were alone they focused on what was most important and found HOPE in Christ! What a necessary example for us today and just the reminder I needed in my life!
It seems somewhat related to this article I read recently - Faith as a mustard seed
Also very related and connected - I love the temple! It is full of so much peace and clarity and light and truth and blessings and joy and perspective! I found that again tonight and I'm grateful! It's good to make the effort to go (even and maybe especially on a cold, snowy night)! I was also reminded of what a beautiful pattern the temple is for our lives and homes. It's clean and uncluttered, it's simple, it's beautiful! There is light and peace. I think some of this comes from the fact that there are no distractions - the only thing you will find really to pick up or look at are scriptures! And I don't think there's much else that you need. ;) It made me think about my home and how I organize it and make it beautiful and create it as a space to focus on what's most important - a comfortable place to read the scriptures and have my mind opened up to the blessings of heaven! In the temple it really feels like we can be uncovered from any barriers and the blessings and direction come right down to us!
Just after learning and thinking about these things, someone at Church shared Alma 8:14-15 which gives similar hope: "And it came to pass that while [Alma] was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much tribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying:
"Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you."
"Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you."
Christ lifts us up! He sends angels and blessings and comfort and direction and peace....even when we are weighed down with trials and sorrow, and especially when we are working to serve Him and His children. He is there watching over us. "With blessings unmeasured my cup runneth o'er." (See "The Lord is My Shepherd")


No comments:
Post a Comment