Saturday, April 23, 2016

Que Sera Sera

One of the highlights of my day today - listening to this joyful oldie, but goodie with my Dad and Grandma.  ;)  
Que Sera Sera
When I was just a little girl I asked my mother, What will I be
Will I be pretty, Will I be rich, Here's what she said to me
Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera, What will be, will be 
When I grew up and fell in love I asked my sweetheart, What lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, Day after day, Here's what my sweetheart said
Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera, What will be, will be 
Now I have Children of my own They ask their mother, What will I be
Will I be handsome, Will I be rich, I tell them tenderly
Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera, What will be, will be
Que Sera, Sera
I've spent some time this past week wishing for earlier days (for a few different reasons), but particularly in thinking about my Grandma.  We have enjoyed many neat adventures together over the last 35+ years.  Sweet memories, but I'm reminded each time we talk - memories can disappear (at least for a time).  That can be hard, but even when they do I am uplifted by the happy, kind, loving example of my sweet Grandma!  Even during the confusing and frustrating times she is happy and is a joy to those around her.  What a sweet example that I hope to do better at following!  :D  Worry less, be kind and happy more.  :D

No comments: