Even with all the joy and hope that I've found in the scriptures and life lately, there are still hard days and I wonder sometimes - Why am I here? What am I doing? Particularly lately I've felt like maybe I could and should be doing something more somewhere else? This is mostly in regards to my ward and Church service, but a few others things might fall into the category.
That's why I was SOOOO grateful for a very sweet testimony today that helped me understand my place now a little bit better. ;) A guy in our ward talked about serving his mission in Tonga. He served for a time on a very small island where he knew everyone's name and no one was interested in listening. He loved being a missionary, but wondered if his time might not be better spent somewhere else. Why had the Lord sent him there? Surely there were other places he could be making more of a difference. As he thought and prayed and worried about this he received an answer from the Lord who said, "I brought you to this island, without other distractions, so that I could spend time with you!" :D How sweet is that!? ;)
I believe that wherever we are the Lord truly does want to spend time with us, but the bigger issue (and as this brother pointed out since returning from his mission) is us making time for Him! I think this is always important, but there may be certain times in our life when we either need a little more time with the Lord or He is specifically inviting us to not worry about a lot of others things and just spend time with Him! I feel like I've had a lot of time on my hands lately - some I've used well, some less well, but my great desire truly is to spend this time with Him (whether that be in the scriptures, in prayer, in the temple, in service, in His beautiful creations, with His other children...)! I know this brings the greatest happiness and direction and purpose and I'm very grateful for the reminder....that that's why I'm here. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment