Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.
Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.
O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.
Through Him we can change. He can make us whole. We can repent. We can improve and be more than we are....with His help. Today I was particularly touched by the phrase, "Never can I repay thee, Lord.....But I can love thee." :) !!!! That was profound to me. I think it struck me because I have felt very blessed lately as a recipient of others' kindness. Sometimes I have a hard time being indebted to someone. I think a part of my wanting to "be invisible" is not wanting to be a burden on anyone, wanting to be independent and self sufficient, so that no one has to worry about me. But I realize that's not possible, not realistic, and prideful. We can't do it on our own. We need help. We need His help, and others' too....and truly "never can I repay thee, Lord."
Those words helped me realize that I can't repay Him, often I can't repay others....I need to let that go. He knows that we can't repay Him; He just asks us to love Him, to serve Him, to keep His commandments. We can do that. We can love. We need to love. That's what we do - we love. We will not be perfect and will be further in His debt, but we can return to Him and when our one desire is to love Him I believe that He accepts our love and further blesses us (just like King Benjamin talks about in Mosiah 2:23-24). True love is powerful - His love for us, our love for Him, our love for others....that's what changes us. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment