Saturday, June 10, 2017

True Colors

I have been thinking A LOT lately about being true, real, authentic, genuine, present (yep, still working on it) and I was so grateful to recently catch this song from Trolls - "True Colors."  It depicts the importance of being ourselves and letting people see us, our true colors.  "I see your true colors.  That's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show.  Your true colors are beautiful!"

I want to do that better - both in showing my true colors and in seeing others and their true colors.

I was also reminded recently of a sweet children's book called "The Boy Who Spoke to the Earth."  The boy is looking for happiness, but not quite seeing it.  He has to stop and stand still for a moment in all the beautiful places to find that happiness has been around him all along.  Is there happiness around us that we're missing?  Is there happiness we're not sharing?  President Nelson has talked a little bit about this recently.  We choose happiness and the Savior offers us eternal joy.

I think that some of the most beautiful and happy things around us are our relationships - other people (that we know and that we don't know).  Do we see them?  Do we give them our time and love (putting away distractions and focusing on what's most important - our Heavenly Father, our family, our neighbors)?  Elder Renlund taught beautifully that we need to see others through God's eyes.  I love that!  Forget ourselves, be ourselves, and really see others...as He does.  I think that must be a beautiful, colorful, happy world!

No comments: