Monday, September 2, 2019

40!

I made it over the hill, 23 miles of hill, one of my favorite hills in fact.  I'm grateful for my family that helped me get there.  To be honest, thinking of turning 40 was hard for me.  My family was very sweet and helped plan something they knew I would love--hiking and being with them in one of my favorite places! ;)

With my very patient and kind mother as the driver and goodie bag party planner and best supporter, my dad and three siblings and I set out on Saturday, August 31 for an all-day hike from Driggs, Idaho to Jenny Lake, Wyoming.  This same group of five did this same hike together 15 years earlier.  It was fun to be together to do it again.  It was as great as I remembered, with just a few more blisters.  It's a beautiful walk up to the Teton Crest Trail and Alaska Basin, right past the Grand Teton, and then down Cascade Canyon into Teton National Park.

I'm grateful for thoughtful and generous parents, supportive siblings, and a kind brother-in-law and sisters-in-law who not only helped make this adventure happen, but are always so kind and supportive and loving along this whole adventure called life.  It's such a blessing to have such a fun, happy, willing, and good team helping to encourage and lift and cheer all along the way! ;)













No comments: