Monday, July 14, 2008

On the Oregon Trail

I spent the last week in Oregon with my parents and brother. It was a great time and so beautiful! We saw a 4th of July celebration in Klamath Falls, visited Crater Lake, and the Redwood forests, saw the whole Oregon coast (at a bicycle pace which made it nice to enjoy the sites and people along the way), parts of the Lewis and Clark trail, the Columbia River, Seattle, Mt. St. Helens, Portland (and it's rose garden), Mt. Hood and the Hood River Valley. It was fun to be together and see so many neat things!








It was interesting to be reading "Undaunted Courage" by Stephen Ambrose about the Lewis and Clark expedition as we traveled some of the same country they did many years ago. I have a great appreciation for those in the early years of our country's history who worked so hard and sacrificed so much (not knowing how things would turn out) in order to establish a free land. Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I love your picture of Heceta head lighthouse -- isn't that a lovely place?! Looks like you and the fam had a great trip. I'm so excited you have a blog -- it keeps me up on what's happening with everyone. Love it.

Kathryn said...

Heather I love that you put on here your goals, dreams <3 <3 and also the great links. I haven't ever seen Map My Run before. I'm going to check my old routes to see how accurate I was guessing before. LOVE YOU.