Saturday, June 6, 2009

Adventures in DC (part I)

This may not be as exciting as an engagement announcement or a mission call to Samoa (it's hard to keep up with my brothers these days--and I thought it was hard to keep up with them on Rim to Rim!), but here are some of my adventures in the nation's captial so far. It's AMAZING! :)

I love the feelings of patriotism, history, public service, community, etc. I am learning so much, exploring wonderful places, and getting to know great people.

Where I live:


Some of my friends from the MPA program out here this summer:


The Washington DC temple:


Some of the Smithsonians:


The metro from Eastern Market:


The monuments:


Union Station (I walk by here everyday to get to work):


DC is AMAZING!


The Sakais! :) It was so fun to spend a week with them in Maryland! :)


Life is great! :)

3 comments:

Cari said...

cool pictures! i think kayla is still a little confused as to whether you are in africa or 'washing d.c.' ;)

Kara said...

Drew and I meet at his work (the FTC on New Jersey) and walk to Union Station for lunch at least once a week. You're so close! Do you take the metro everywhere or do you have a car? We're in Burke (about 20 miles outside in NoVa). It'd be fun to meet up while you're out here! Glad you're having so much fun.

joyce said...

Hi Heather! Looks like you are having a blast this summer! What cool places you have been visiting lately! I am so glad that you are having such a great time! Enjoy! xoxo