Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Off to Massachusetts" :)

I love exploring the East Coast! :) There is so much history...so much to see and do. I spent the weekend in Boston. Such a neat city! I took nearly 800 pictures, but have picked a few of my favorites to represent the adventures...from the temple near Belmont, all of the Freedom Trail (including 294 steps to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument), Harvard and MIT, Back Bay and Commonwealth Avenue, the quaint houses of Beacon Hill, Boston Common, and the Charles River! It was a fabulous trip! I love Boston!

I am grateful for the history of the area and the "Cradle of Liberty" it represents. So many historical leaders made this city what it is. It still stands as a symbol of liberty and freedom. I love the fact that so many people in Boston are always outside exercising, reading, and spending time at the park (from what I could see)! :) I felt like education, family, and history were important here and "every step tells a story."

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

So Cool Heath!!
Fun to see Leilani, the Freedom Trail, all the sights. Glad there was rain for the ducklings. :)
You look darling! I'm so glad you are documenting all of it <3 and glad we get to see you soon! :)

Cari said...

dang girl..you take a lot of pictures! now i know where i get it from! :)

Kathryn said...

you both get it from DAD!! :)

Kara said...

I LOVE Boston too! I'm so glad you had a fabulous trip. Although it looks like you ran into the same fate we did- RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY.
Fun pictures.