So, these aren't my pictures of the fantastic weekend trip yet (coming soon). Today I was just inspired by life and thought I'd write a quick note. :) So, really there is so much joy in every moment of life if we look for it and expect it and make it happen! :) My thoughts made me think of this happy song for some reason. There is always plenty to worry about and be stressed about, but why worry!? :) Everyday really is filled with fun and learning and randomness. We need to just enjoy each moment. Here is a list of some of my moments of busy-ness today:- get ready routine
- scriptures
- work for a few minutes before class
- class at 8:00
- figure out a group project
- work for several more hours
- reply to some random emails
- lecture by a Foreign Service Officer
- find out a little more about summer travel plans
- get a little homework done
- talk to some friends
- work some more
- nonprofit marketing lecture by the Marketing Director of Children's Miracle Network (and was inspired by a sweet song)
- talk to my family on the phone for a few minutes
- talk to my roommates
- Relief Society meeting on financial literacy
- some homework
- some planning and partying! :)
- more work and homework
While going through this schedule and thinking about everything I hadn't done and still needed to do I didn't feel stressed like I might normally, but I had an overwhelming sense of joy and happiness just thinking about the neat and wonderful opportunities I enjoy everyday. :) I love being in school. There are so many neat chances to learn and grow and build relationships. It really doesn't matter what we do and don't get done, but that we are using each minute the best we can to be happy and help others be happy too! :) Everyday.
7 comments:
What an incredible perspective that is SO part of YOU, who you are, your very core. It's not something that others can just adopt all of a sudden, it's a peace and happiness that comes from the inside to shine out. You are a such a refreshing breath for all of us! I wonder if growing up in the Hawaiian Paradise would have done that to me, too.
Aren't you amazed how looking back on a day it seems like it could have been so stressful, and yet it wasn't.
That Buddy Holly song is one of my happy favorites, too. The second song made tears come to my eyes. I love hearing about all your exciting adventures. Every day is a gift! --filled with fun, learning and randomness. Thanks for reminding me. Happy Friday. Love you.
I would listen to a CD of Don McLean singing Everyday over and over. :) Now I'm going to play this Mark Wills song over and over. Such a great message. I just posted it on facebook. Thanks Heather. I am going to use what you just taught me. Love you my dear. <3
Btw, just hearing Buddy Holly songs makes me smile!
Hi Heather! Your mom told me where to find you! I'm excited to follow your blog. You DO have a busy life!!
Aloha from home
Aunty Stephanie
You are having SO much fun! I wanna be Heather! So glad that you're enjoying life! Thanks for sharing! Love you!!! xoxo
Post a Comment