This weekend I am very grateful for covenants and General Conference! It struck me as I was at the temple preparing for Conference Friday night how blessed we are by our covenants. All we need to do is remember and live our covenants with God and we are blessed and really nothing could ever go wrong! I'm grateful for a temple close by and chances to remember. Covenants--that's what it's all about!
Conference was wonderful, as always--especially having a chance to be there in person to learn from our prophet and leaders with my brother! One of my favorite talks was Elder Holland's talk, The Laborers in the Vineyard where he talks about the importance of living our covenants and working in the Lord's kingdom now! :) Josh pointed out something neat to me in Jacob 5 as we were waiting for Conference to begin--in verse 4 "the master of the vineyard went forth, and he saw that his olive tree began to decay; and he said: I will prune it, and dig about it, and nourish it, that perhaps it may shoot forth young and tender branches, and it perish not." The Lord loves us and will do everything for us, even if we choose not to follow. I'm grateful for His love and promises and want to be a valiant laborer in His vineyard! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment