Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rejoicing in the Resurrection!

"To obtain a resurrection with a celestial, exalted body is the center point of hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The resurrection of Jesus is the most glorious of all messages to mankind (Bible Dictionary)."  I rejoice in the message of Easter and our Savior's love and life and the hope it brings!  :)

I loved reading of His life and love, pondering and sharing my own feelings and knowledge of Him and His love, reading and hearing testimonies of His impact in others' lives, and spending time with children and family while thinking about the important blessings of the day.

Today I was reminded of how broken we each are and how much we need Him and of the wonderful joy of the knowledge of the immortality of our souls, because of Him!  I don't remember ever hearing this song before, but I LOVE it!  Softly and Tenderly by Will Thompson brought sweet peace and understanding today.  :)

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
calling for you and for me;
see, on the portals he's waiting and watching,
watching for you and for me.

Come home, come home;
ye who are weary come home;
earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, 
calling, O sinner, come home!

Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not his mercies,
mercies for you and for me?

Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing,
passing from you and from me;
shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming,
coming for you and for me.

O for the wonderful love he has promised,
promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, he has mercy and pardon,
pardon for you and for me.
So much in our life and world testifies of His life and love and resurrection!  I'm grateful for the reminders of the hope and joy He brings!  :)  I know He LIVES!  He is the Son of God, our Savior and the Redeemer of the world!  Only through Him and His wonderful gift of the Atonement can we find lasting happiness, peace and joy and return to our Heavenly Father.  Because of Him we will all live again.  If we are humble and come to Him we can repent and change and be better every day.  I am grateful for His live and life and want to follow Him; come to Him!  :)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Amen <3

Cari said...

:) happy easter. pretty picture! we need to get down there sometime soon