It was wonderful to celebrate the day by running along Wasatch Drive with my dad and brother and seeing the beautiful valley and thinking about those traveling here 165 years ago today. What a beautiful legacy they passed on. I paused to ponder whether that same faith is the most important principle directing me in my life? I have always LOVED "Come, Come, Ye Saints", but as I have had the chance to sing and/or listen to it several times lately a few phrases really stood out to me and helped me put some concerns in the proper perspective:
"Come, come, ye Saints, no toil or labor fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this journey may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
'Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive;
Do this and joy your hearts will swell —
All is well! All is well!
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; FRESH COURAGE TAKE.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell —
All is well! All is well!

We'll find the place which God for us prepared,
Far away in the West.
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the Saints will be blessed.
We'll make the air with music ring,
Shout praises to our God and King;
Above the rest these words we'll tell —
All is well! All is well!
And should we die before our journey's through,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, too;
With the just we shall dwell!
But if our lives are spared again
To see the Saints their rest obtain;
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell —
All is well! All is well!"
More on COURAGE coming soon.....I think this is what my life is supposed to be about right now.... :)
1 comment:
I've been thinking about "Come Come Ye Saints" this week too. Especially that "useless cares" - what useless cares did those pioneers have because I'm pretty sure my useless cares list outweighs theirs. Thanks for always being so good about sharing your faith.
Post a Comment