I have many thoughts lately. I feel inspired, grateful, blessed, lonely, happy, humbled, guided, excited, directed, known, content, non-judgmental, open, kind of settled, bored, lacking ambition, and searching. I know those are contradictions, but as I am moving through life at the moment ultimately all of these thoughts boil down to INSPIRED. :)
I am inspired by this blog post, this video and love that I have a small part in helping these people do this work! I LOVE this video and this one too! I think this is pretty neat and have also enjoyed these conference talks. There are many neat articles, videos and music I've enjoyed lately on the Mormon Channel and the lds.org website. It's exciting to see the Lord's work moving forward and it strengthens my faith. Two other thoughts along this line--I enjoyed this article/video and love the example of Abish! She was prepared and ready to make a difference!
I LOVE the 4th of July and celebrating our independence and thinking about the inspired and courageous leaders that helped to establish this country in righteousness and freedom. I am grateful for those who continue to stand up for right and freedom. This year I was particularly inspired by the sense of community and connection I felt with strangers walking down the street because of the country, dreams and trust we share. I love the feeling of care and unity! I felt like there were more hellos on the street, etc. I love that! :) I'm reading Democracy in America right now....I really like it so far and love the reminder of the importance of community, family, faith and courage in establishing a free society.
I have also been inspired by sunsets at the Capitol, concerts in the park, the temple, reading, and examples of ancestors, family, friends and strangers! There is so much good in the world. There is no need to judge. We all have unique talents. We can bless others. We can learn from others. That's what we're here for. :) We really never have any idea how our example is influencing others.....I know this because I notice so many wonderful examples everyday from people I don't even know. I'm grateful for the daily examples of people doing what's right, being kind, loving others, following their dreams, making a difference for good. I'm inspired! Life is simple--love God, love everyone else. :) Be yourself! Do what you love! Don't be afraid of what anyone might say. Do good. Bless others. Go out and make life happen!!
I have been reminded of the importance of ambitiously finding and living your passion....and being engaged in a good cause! There's no need to wait. There is something for each of us to do today! I want to be better. I like this list, this article, this quote:
.....this quote: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." --Marianne Williamson
....and thinking of my three-year old nephew singing this. :)
Now I need to hurry and go DO something about this inspiration. :) What inspired you today? :)

1 comment:
Baby you're a firework! Oh, oh oh! <3
Post a Comment