Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hosanna!

I love the temple!  It was a special day to be a part of the Brigham City Temple dedication.  It is so exciting to see God's work moving forward to fill the earth!  There is a powerful, peaceful, wonderful spirit that fills the room and my heart in the temple.  I am grateful that the Lord  has instructed his prophets and leaders to build these special buildings where we may learn and draw closer to Him and perform important work that will help us and our families become like Him and return to Him.

To celebrate I watched one of my FAVORITE movies today - Mountain of the Lord.  It tells the 40-year story of the building of the Salt Lake Temple.  President Wilford Woodruff, the prophet that dedicated the temple on April 6, 1893, is the narrator and while telling the story he shares much about the importance of temples, temple work and the Lord's work in the latter-days.  I'm grateful for his example and testimony and the faithful examples of the saints worked so hard to build and use the temples years ago and today.

I think this is a movie everyone should watch today.....


A few of my favorite parts include Wilford Woodruff meeting Phoebe (9:07), Michael Hawkes proactively volunteering to serve and help in God's kingdom (23:15), President Woodruff's grandchildren praying with him (48:40), and President Woodruff's talks and testimony with Mr. Callahan (27:30 and 50:53).

I am grateful for the restoration of truth, for temples, for knowing there is a plan for our eternal happiness and progression....  :)

No comments: