I know....that might sound ridiculous, but I really do. :) I love to travel and airplanes are pretty amazing, even with less space and more passengers and lots of security and waiting and no comfortable places to sit or sleep. I like the chance to people watch and think about where everyone is going and what they do. It's such a melting pot of cultures, languages, lives, etc....but we're all brought together in a way that helps people open up to and understand others, I think. It might just be me, but I think it's neat. I think it's a equalizing place in a way, and so much fun....so much to see and learn and think about while crossing paths with people from everywhere going everywhere for so many different reasons.
As I've had the chance to frequent a few airports and airplanes lately here are some of my thoughts:
- Why are we so impatient?
- It's important to be nice, kind - a friendly "hello," "welcome," "thank you" from a stranger really is nice.....or a "happy birthday" from the security checker who notices on my ID that your birthday is the next day :)
- We are more connected than we know. It was kind of fun to watch the RNC in the (SLC) airport and see people getting emotional watching the video introduction to Mitt Romney's speech....people were waiting longer than usual to get on the plane to stay and watch. There was a little less interest in watching responses to his speech in the PHX airport.
- I guess I just really like the community feeling and being around people....my life right now is kind of quiet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment