Thursday, March 14, 2013

Contentment = Following God's Plan

I am more content than I have been for a long time.  I thought a lot about contentment and I think I've learned a few things lately.  Life has not happened as I would have guessed in many ways, but I am grateful for the Lord's love and guidance and I know that He knows me and has a plan for me - a better plan than I have or could create for myself.  Lately my current path has been made a little more clear.  I know where I need to be and what I need to be doing.  This is a wonderful feeling!  Not much else matters, I think.


Sister Rosemary Wixom spoke at the BYU Devotional last week about The Covenant Path, essentially making decisions and creating our life.  She said, "You are progressing with your plan.  You have a purpose in mind.  Can you see the Lord's hand in your life?  Can you see the path you took to get here?....It's simple really....I will follow God's plan for me."

Those are familiar words, but when I stop to think about that it's profound - we don't worry about comparing our lives to others or even comparing them to what we had in mind for ourselves.  We work hard and have faith and follow God's plan and direction each day.  It's an exciting adventure each step of the way, really.  You never know what's going to come next, but I know that as we do our best to trust and follow Him we will be happy....content.  :)

No comments: