Friday, March 15, 2013

Whenever I hear the song of a bird....

I was walking around Temple Square at dusk tonight.  It was beautiful.  Life was good.  As I walked by I was touched by a simple interaction.  A small bird was stuck in a tree.  It was in a hard to reach place, but a grounds-person was trying to reach it and help it get free.  A small crowd of people began gathering nearby - wondering what was going on, but also concerned and some trying to help.  I was inspired by their examples to stop and help a tiny and helpless bird.

I was on my way to a concert at the Assembly Hall.  These are always nice, but tonight it was really special. Sister missionaries on Temple Square from all over the world were gathered together to sing.  They sang joyful and fun cultural songs and songs of peace and praise.  It was incredible!

I loved hearing songs from all over the world....and was overcome with gratitude for the unique and wonderful places I've lived and visited and how I felt a part of almost every song they sang.  We are all one - children of our Heavenly Father.  We have different traditions and backgrounds, but there is so much good and joy.  Particularly sweet were Will You Go, Lassie, Go?, Aloha 'Oe, Amazing Grace, and Stars and Stripes Forever - reminding me where I'm from and who I am.  :)  There is so much good in the world.  They finished with an encore medley of I Feel My Savior's Love and My Heavenly Father Loves Me.  It was beautiful and finished the night off as it began...."whenever I hear the song of the bird....I know Heavenly Father loves me [and that little bird]."

No comments: