Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fogginess (i.e. Stupor) vs. Clarity

So, it was one of those days.....it started with scripture study and the promise of what could be a great day. :)  But then......it got foggy, unclear, crowded, stressful, cobwebby, stuporous, frustrating, pretty unproductive. I wish I would have noticed the stupor earlier and stopped what I was doing and re-focused somehow.

Here are a few funny things of the day that seemed to fog things up a bit:
* While trying to water my plants at work, I accidentally sprayed water in the supply room ALL over the place, including me - luckily there were still a few dry paper towels around.
* While trying to understand and follow someone else's work process that made NO sense, I kindly offered suggestions that were completely unheard.
* Trying to get information about some very important upcoming events that largely affect me.....to no avail.
* While trying to keep track of a quickly growing to-do list, more and more was added with little being crossed off.
* I spent my lunchtime picking up my car, so that I could hurry to meet family right after work.
* I spent much of the rest of the day being STUMPED on a presentation I was working on - at the end of the day I realized I should have given up long before and come back to it later with a fresher start or a new idea (definite STUPOR!).
* I stayed a little bit late at work to "finish" the presentation I'll just have to re-start some other time.
* Then I got to my car and realized I left my cell phone sitting on my desk (and it was a walk back that's about as far as it would have been to walk home).
* So much for getting to meet family on time!

I don't know what the fogginess is about, but it makes me appreciate the days and times of clarity and direction a lot more. There is a happy ending to this day, though. Somehow the fog lifted when I got to watch my cousin open her mission call. Have you ever watched a missionary open a mission call? It's a short moment, but it's about one of the most wonderful things I've seen - here are a few you might like.

No comments: