Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Trip

So, "June's Trip" was actually several trips to Olympus Cove to spend time with family and help with some of the packing and moving at grandma and grandpa's house. It was nice to be together and learn more about family and ancestors while going through some of the pictures and items in their house....and to enjoy a few more WONDERFUL sunsets that have been such a great memory for so many years.

I picked up a book today that I inherited in the process and was touched by the personal note from the author to my great grandmother. I admire the author and am enjoying the book, but most especially loved what I learned and how close I felt to my "creative" great grandmother "who let [her] good genes show."  I loved her markings throughout that helped me know her better:
"Love, candor, openness are necessary for progress and growth."
"Try changing your role occasionally."
"Who has influenced you and why?  Who am I influencing?"
"The only place one can go to avoid risks of love is to hell."

.....and the rest of June was spent saving up and preparing for July's Trip.....I'm disconnecting from the world for a couple of weeks and am off to explore Israel and Italy!  :)

No comments: