Sunday, September 22, 2013

become as little children

Today was one of my favorite days of the year - not just the official beginning of fall, but the yearly Primary program!  For some reason the past couple of years I have been traveling or visiting other wards on the day of the program and I was so glad to be there today.  I am touched by the faith and innocence and love and testimonies of the sweet children.  Our ward has a small Primary with only about 10 kids, but they were so sweet and I was touched by their goodness and confident testimonies, as well as their teachers' who were standing with them singing the messages of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

What a wonderful blessing that these children learn the truth and joy of the plan of happiness and our purpose here on earth from such a young age!  They learn to recognize and articulate their feelings about Heavenly Father's love for them and our Savior's mission.  They are honest and opening and unafraid in sharing what they believe and they trust and love their teachers.  What a beautiful example for all that we should be.  As I was listening and watching today I was touched (by their words, their actions, the music, the example of the teachers, The Plan, a reminder of my testimony) and my faith in the Savior and His gospel and our Heavenly Father's plan was renewed and strengthened.  It's simple.  It's beautiful.  It's true!

"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:2-4)."

If you are searching for truth or peace in your life or just looking for motivation to continue to move foward, listen to some primary songs, go to church, hold a baby, talk to or listen to or observe a child, humbly open your heart to listen to what the Lord would teach you.....and then go to a missionary farewell and learn about the truths and importance of family.  That's what blessed and helped me today.  :)

No comments: