The last two weeks I've had the chance to meet up with three good friends that I haven't seen in a long time - a mission companion, a colleague and travel companion, and my very first roommate. It was really nice to catch up with each of them and I'm grateful for how they've each blessed my life! I've been blessed to know some really wonderful people in my life!
A couple of years ago I was having a conversation with some roommates about all the roommates we've had. If I didn't win for the most, I was close with 32 different roommates (not including my sister and other family members). :) The other day I started making a list of the number of different languages they happened to speak - 10 (Arabic, Korean, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Danish, Chinese, ASL, Hungarian, and Japanese)....and that's just languages! When I think about all the majors and jobs and talents and interests they represented it would include many amazing things: violin performance, teaching, cooking, generosity, kindness, patience, communications, linguistics, nursing, law, recreation management, administration, policy experts and analyzers, and more!
I have enjoyed living by myself for the last 18 months, but some days I miss the unique opportunities and blessings of roommates. :) I'm grateful that there are still opportunities to catch up even after many years and when we live many miles and even oceans away.
No comments:
Post a Comment