Have you ever felt stuck? That's kind of how I'd describe some things for me at the moment - unmotivated, holding pattern, waiting for something, temporary. It can be hard to move forward when you're waiting for something - I partially don't even know what it is I'm waiting and I don't have full control either. That's hard. It' reminds me of this little video from my childhood: Winnie the Pooh and the Gopher
"Are you stuck?"
"Oh no....just resting and thinking and humming to myself."
....
"What's your problem?"
"First thing to be done is to get rid of that bear. He's gumming up the whole project."
"...He is the project!"
I can't explain all the reasons that I feel like this describes the situation exactly, but it does....and it makes me laugh and "hum to myself" instead of cry. :)
The other day while walking around Temple Square I heard one of the sister missionaries ask a tour group as they were standing by the Seagull Monument, "Do you have any crickets in your life?" :) Do you know the story of the miracle of the seagulls? They saved the pioneers' crops from being eaten by the crickets one of the first years the pioneers were in the Salt Lake Valley. Those faithful people lived right here in my neighborhood, 165 years ago. They fasted and prayed and Heavenly Father sent the seagulls to get rid of the crickets and save their crops.
That reminds me of this article in the Deseret News - the miracle of the cancelled fishing trip. Life is full of unexpected changes, cancellations, and LOTS of waiting (I was reminded by my sister who is nine-months pregnant that we're all waiting for something). :) But we can choose our destiny and move forward in faith.
And we just need to move one day at a time. As Elder Christofferson teaches, "I think it's not by chance God has created us in a way that we have to have daily physical sustenance." We must turn to God for our Daily Bread. We must look to Him and have faith in Him and remember Him as the source of our blessings.
Here's an interesting and timely article, The Key to Immediate Happiness, that has helped me think about the importance of getting unstuck, moving forward and "unpacking my bags." I think I also need to go re-read A Single Voice. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment